H004 Wet Appliance Installer
Waxman Training Academy, Grove Mills, Elland Lane, West Yorkshire, HX5 9DZ
2 DAY COURSE – THEORY & PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT
The HETAS H004 Wet Appliance Installer course is designed for candidates with plumbing and heating qualiﬁcations/experience who, having already successfully completed the H003 Dry Appliance Installer course, wish to offer wet appliance solutions as part of their scope of registration.
What are the aims of this course?
Focusing on wet appliances and the technology behind them, this course emphasises on the safe and effective installation of solid fuel wet stoves and boilers. The course will discuss advancements in technology in this sector as well as integration with other types of wet/central heating systems.
What are the prerequisites?
As well as completing H003/H003DS, candidates should have at least one of the following:
• Evidence of OFTEC 101 or 102
• Evidence of Gas Safe Registration – CCN1 & CEN1
• Evidence of formal plumbing and heating qualification i.e City & Guilds 6129 and 6089, or QCF 6189; or other suitable award
• Evidence of equivalent work experience on wet heating systems
• N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
What subject areas will this course cover?
The HETAS Wet Appliance Installer course will cover the following topics:
• Wet appliance sizing and selection
• Installation, commissioning and decommissioning
• Service and maintenance of wet solid fuel appliances
• Fault diagnosis and rectiﬁcation
• Connection of wet solid fuel appliances to heating systems
• Building regulations and standards
What assessments are involved?
The course will incorporate classroom based learning, practical assessments and a multiple choice exam.
What do I need for this course?
All training manuals, technical handbooks and certiﬁcation fees are included in the course fee. For the candidate application and registration process you will need your National Insurance number and a passport sized photograph.
What status do I receive if I pass this course?
Following successful completion of the course, a training certiﬁcate will be awarded enabling the candidate to apply for registration with HETAS on the competent person scheme for the installation of wet solid fuel appliances.
*The H004 is not on Waxman Training Academy’s standard HETAS course calendar, however, is available for candidates wishing to sit the course. Please enquire for further details and to book.
Is there a H004 Refresher course?
Click here to view our HETAS H000 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H001 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H002 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H003DS Course
Click here to view our HETAS H004 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H005DE Course
Click here to view our HETAS H006 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H008 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H009 Course
Click here to view our HETAS Solid Fuel +Plus Course