HETAS Solid Fuel +Plus
Waxman Training Academy, Grove Mills, Elland Lane, West Yorkshire, HX5 9DZ
5 DAY COURSE
The Solid Fuel +Plus Installer Course has been developed, alongside HETAS and Robinsons UK, to offer a comprehensive 5 day training course for candidates wishing to gain recognised qualiﬁcations in solid fuel installation by utilising existing practical skills.
What are the aims of this course?
This combined installer course is designed to give candidates the underpinning knowledge and experience to provide access to HETAS H003DS and H006. This is achieved through a combination of training, practical activities and assessment to build a portfolio of evidence which will identify the experience required to undertake HETAS installation courses. The course will include detailed information from H001 and H002, enriched with practical installation scenarios using our on-site training rigs.
What are the prerequisites?
As a foundation/combined course, there are no speciﬁc prerequisites for Solid Fuel +Plus although it is recommended that trainees have transferable practical skills. The course is well suited to the following:
- Candidates with experience of dry stove installation signed off through Building Control
- Candidates formally Gas Safe or OFTEC registered
- Candidates from building trades, building services and plumbing/heating backgrounds
What subject areas will this course cover?
The HETAS Solid Fuel +Plus course incorporates H001, H002, H003DS and H006, covering the following subject areas:
- Appliance types, operating principles and selection
- Applying safe working practices
- Principles of combustion
- Cause of incomplete combustion and CO poisoning
- Environmental protection measures
- Legislation and Building Regulations
- Installation of dry stoves, ﬁre backs and lining of chimneys
- Flue systems and ventilation requirements
- Commissioning and handover of solid fuel installations
- Fault diagnosis and rectiﬁcation
- Service and maintenance of dry solid fuel appliances
What assessments are involved?
The course will incorporate a portfolio of evidence built using classroom based learning, practical assessments and multiple choice examinations.
What do I need for this course?
All training manuals, technical handbooks and certiﬁcation fees are included in the course fee. For the candidate application and registration process you will need your National Insurance number and a passport sized photograph.
What status do I receive if I pass the course?
Following successful completion of the course, a training certiﬁcate will be awarded enabling the candidate to apply for registration with HETAS on the competent person scheme for the installation of dry solid fuel appliances.
Click here to view our HETAS H000 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H001 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H002 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H003DS Course
Click here to view our HETAS H004 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H005DE Course
Click here to view our HETAS H006 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H008 Course
Click here to view our HETAS H009 Course
Click here to view our HETAS Solid Fuel +Plus Course